Encounter

A large French window was overlooking toward a towering monument which still was under construction. What an irony, the glistening beams of the sunlight, no more kiss my cheeks. The tranquility of my home had vanished. The cacophony created mayhem in my ear drums every single day.
Luckily, the view of other rooms overlooks a beautiful lake and a park, where one could witness people of all ages. A gazebo stands in the middle of the park, a young man in his early twenties with his folded knees; sat inside the gazebo chanting Ommm……The sight intoxicated me; compelling me to change my attire and move out of the grim atmosphere to embrace the beauty of the outside world.
The lush green grass tickling my feet; made me giggle like a little girl. Birds chirping in harmony; singing the good morning song. I moved towards the broad swing, knowing it would withstand my weight, but alas! Thud, I felt a numbness on my bottom. What was I thinking, I went red in my face. An old gentleman came to my rescue…
Hope you are fine” said the old man….He had a charming personality; he introduced himself as James.  I held his hand; he put all his might and lifted me up. Even though I was mortified, I couldn’t stop looking at his sublime face; it was magnetic. Not aware how long I must have stood there looking at him. Suddenly, I heard a loud noise, “Miss, now do I need to escort you to your home”, the old man yelped. I was flabbergasted to see this gentle soul’s sudden demeanor. I saw rage in his eyes; I wondered what on earth I did to cause such a drastic change in his persona. With a faint smile, I thanked him and walked away from the park.
I entered the porch feeling weary; I sat on the bench and kept thinking about the old gentleman. Now I don’t wish to address him as gentleman, as he no longer behaved like one. While waiting for the elevator, two adorable angelic girls came up to me and asked me my name. I looked at the beautiful faces and replied, “My name is Kate, What are your names”. They looked at me with puckered brows and said “Our mommies told us not to talk to strangers”.  Not knowing how to react I simply smiled and headed home…………I desperately needed a good drink to uplift my mood……..at nightfall, looking at the twinkling stars, I did realize that today I witnessed bizarre encounters.


Comments

  1. Theresa such a interesting and engaging though ...way to go girl💞

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Komal for your comments. This keeps me going.

      Delete
  2. Interesting but I don't know why I kept waiting for the climax ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon, thank you...hopefully I don't disappoint you in my next.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Healing

Departed