Mom

Why did you go, so many things I had to show,
A bundle of Joy who came into my life - has your glow.
Your daughters are fine; your only son is well.
Your favourite grandson is getting married,
 Knowing this, I know your heart will swell.
A piece of your heart is now a part of me
She still calls out NANA, NANA with glee.

This day I remember. This day I want to forget,
I yearn to be with you, my only regret.
You raised us well ; in spite of all the obstacles ahead.
Not once did you wince nor did you whine
You tirelessly nurtured us even while on your deathbed.
Why did you go?  Why didn’t you stay?
Mummy, may your soul rest in peace, we all pray.

Comments

  1. May her soul rest in peace ....so beautifully written that I felt she is right here with me while I was reading this ...bought tears .keep writing n sharing our emotions n feelings in yr blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautifully penned. You can sense the love and warmth in the words. I'm sure she's around, showering her blessings each day. May she rest in peace. :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very much emotional. Well written 👌

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully expressed ,very emotional...Very heartfelt...Loss of a mom brings a vacuum in your life which no one can fill....May her soul rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Komal...your feedback is encouraging. Thank you for always patting my back.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Healing

Departed