My city

My city is synonymous to glamour, wealth, avant-garde However, when I jumped out of this well, to that city – I realized what I missed out on. The comfort of moving in my car without a jerk, the endless honking seemed ancient, no prying eyes. When we were at the busy street to catch a glimpse of the four Minarets; we sauntered around without being teased or the threat of the inappropriate touch. Confidently, we moved around admiring the beauty of this exotic place. The experience of clean and broad roads, mouthwatering food and the sight of the glistening pearls brought a wide smile on my face. My city welcomes me with obnoxious stench, pot holes and smog; on the contrary, that city welcomed me with greenery, blue sky and freshness in the air. I was under the impression that my city was the melting pot of cultures. Alas! it’s a farce, for that city, truly showed unity, integration and coherence– A mosque and a temple under one roof - a perfect harmony of different faith. Glamour, wealth is all a facade; there’s struggle every day. We have become like the tragic hero, who finds solace in being unhappy. He makes sadness look classy and fashionable. The real wealth and glamour is out of this well.

Irrespective of all this, I want to be in my well. I wouldn’t mind jumping out of this well once in a while for that blue sky, the fresh air and the greenery. Nevertheless, this is my home; I take pride in my city, it keeps me charged, it doesn’t allow me to be laid back. It is my stimulus– It encourages me, excites me and motivates me to do my best.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Healing

Departed