The Demon
Ma’am, I’m not getting any
idea, what do I write?’ said one of my students. I asked her to think. ‘You all
travel so much, I’m sure you must have glanced outside your car windows’.
People, who live on the
streets, make a living out of begging. How a piece of cloth keeps them warm in
winters and that same cloth gives them shade in hot summers. There was a blank
look on her face and of course the others too gave her company. Why was I bemused?
This is not new with kids; let me put rightly ‘The Millennial’. I know it’s
difficult to keep your beloved phone (which is almost a part of your body) away
from you, however once in a while one must keep it aside and use the organs
which you have been blessed with. It won’t hurt. Experience the world with your
natural senses.
Last week, I went to my friend’s
house. As usual our bantering was on then I saw my friend’s older son was busy
on his phone. Anyway, it’s not an unnatural sight these days. Since I share a
great rapport with her kids, I dared to ask him to keep his phone aside, and to
be a part of the conversation. He said 'Give me some time; I’ve got some
important office mails to check.’ Fair enough, we continued chatting. After five
minutes, I got up and unknowingly my eyes fell on his phone, and what I saw was
unspeakable. This boy was busy on his phone, and busy doing what…checking people’s
whatsApp status. I looked at him and said, ‘Seriously.’ Of course, he was bullied
by all of us the whole evening.
As a matter of fact, we too
have become a prey to this demon. Can’t blame them completely, what they see is
what they learn. We need to change. Using words works better than emogis,
calling up and talking to a friend instead of send forwards will only strengthen
a relationship. I’m trying…
Bang on
ReplyDeleteThank you Del
DeleteBeautiful 👌👌
ReplyDeleteThank you Usha
DeleteIts not called d web without a reason....once you get caught its difficult to come out of it unhurt.....we are all victims .....no escape
ReplyDeleteSo true Shilpa.
DeletePerils of living in alternative universe ...now created by us ..for us ...from us ...😪
ReplyDelete